Website WinCo Foods
Assist management with the operations of the store by performing clerk duties in the designated department (grocery or freight), leading by example, and assisting the department manager in general department operations as directed. Answer customer questions and complaints in a professional manner and assure all customers receive fast, friendly service. Perform the duties of a grocery clerk, cashier and/or freight stocker in addition to assisting assigned employees in the performance of their tasks as appropriate, including notifying them of their breaks and lunches. Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Provides customer service by performing the duties of a clerk in the designated department (grocery or freight). **Refer to Grocery Clerk, Cashier/Checker and/or Freight Stocker job descriptions for complete list of responsibilities.
- Performs a lead role in customer service which may include handling customer complaints and requests, approving checks, selling gift certificates, issuing refunds, receiving returned check payments and answering any questions the customer must have.
- Continuously monitors area activities, including customer traffic flow, coverage of checkout lanes, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, equipment and retail displays according to company policy and legal regulations; and cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out garbage, etc.
- Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work any scheduled work shifts including evenings, graveyard, overnight, weekends and holidays as scheduled or required.
- Perform all duties described in the appropriate department specific job description (grocery clerk, cashier and/or freight stocker).
- Understand overall company practices through previous experience in designated department (grocery or freight) or equivalent.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
Qualification & Experience:
- Communicating clearly and professionally, utilizing excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills, establishing and maintaining a good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, customers and others.
- Providing leadership, exhibiting interpersonal skills by maintaining composure and professionally addressing difficult and sometimes angry individuals including customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Applying clear understanding of overall company practices, including in-depth knowledge of polices/procedures, in order to effectively judge and react to customer activity.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Conducting visual inspections, reading reports, computer printouts, register and computer screens, etc.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately with honesty and integrity.
Company: WinCo Food
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sparks, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A