Website WinCo Foods
Maintain desired level of fresh meat production. Ensure customer service, product quality, freshness and selection. Maintain cleanliness of department and equipment. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Cuts, grinds, and wraps fresh meat products according to related quantity, quality and freshness standards.
- Stocks and rotates product.
- Ensures trim specifications are followed and proper temperatures are maintained in all phases of meat preparation, display and storage.
- Prevents shrink and controls expenses.
- Prevents sale of spoiled and/or outdated product by following legal regulations and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating and the processing of re-worked or reduced-to-clear items.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and the law.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 500 am to 1100 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful interactions and maintain composure in dealing with customer and co-workers.
- Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Properly handle related food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Communicate with co-workers and follow written work assignments / instructions.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. frequently.
- Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
- Perform repetitious arm and hand movements required to cut, slice and process meat products.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
- Work with hands exposed to moisture.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Marcos, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A