Website WinCo Foods
Prepares ready-to-bake / baked pizzas, provides customer service and conducts product demonstrations. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Makes dough by weighing out ingredients and mixing
- Preps toppings by opening cases, putting ingredients in containers, putting toppings in cooler, operating slicer and cutter for vegetables, weighing certain ingredients, etc.
- Makes pizza crust by weighing out dough, operating a dough machine and rolling.
- Takes orders over-the-counter, from the demo station and by phone.
- Makes pizzas by getting dough, spreading sauce, measuring toppings, and sprinkling toppings.
- Shrink wraps pizza by operating associated machine.
- Places pizzas on and removes pizzas from oven conveyer belts.
- Hands product to customers over-the-counter.
- Performs cashier duties by operating a cash register, receiving and making change and providing the customer with a sales ticket.
- Sells products directly to customers through the use of product samples and suggestive selling techniques.
- Cleans the area by washing dishes, sweeping, mopping and operating vacuum cleaner.
- Trains employees, provides leadership in the technical aspects of the department, etc.; orders supplies by checking and conducting inventory, estimating projected usage, etc.; writes production sheets for the department head based on projected sales; receives freight by verifying ordered products have been received, organizing it in the cooler, etc. (usually performed by manager or “lead person”).
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
- Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and computing weights and measures.
- Ensuring accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours typically between 800 am and 1000 pm in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Operate a cash register, dough machines, ovens, slicer and dicer.
- Wear hats, hair net, gloves, aprons and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow production guides, recipes and product labels.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Strongly communicate (hearing and speech) to receive orders from customers, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Frequently lift / carry up to Twenty (20) pounds and occasionally lift / carry up to Forty (40) pounds.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination.
- Perform repetitious arm movements for balling, rolling and preparing various pizza products.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop and reach over the counter(s) frequently.
- Occasionally reach / lift / carry pizza products to & from conveyer ovens.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g. dough machines, ovens, slicer, knives) and work aides.
- Profile content and perishability of products. Learn safety and sanitation procedures and department policies.
- Perform duties efficiently and accurately.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Food Handlers Certification (per State Laws)
- Cash Register
- Slicer, Dicer, Dough Machines, Shrink Wrapper, Ovens and Pallet Jack.
- Pizza clerks under the age of 18 are not to operate certain equipment as described by OSHA guidelines including the pizza department mixer and dough machines.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A