Website WinCo Foods
Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service by serving customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform other department duties as needed or directed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and cold storage areas.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing
Qualification & Experience:
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
- Refer to the deli clerk job description for complete list.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bend, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A