Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization
On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts
- Familiarity with DevOps, Database, Storage, or Big Data concepts
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting mindset
- You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a customer-facing support role
- Experience or coursework in networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Enrolled/Completed a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology at TAFE or relevant tertiary institution
- You must be in the final year of a university undergraduate or postgraduate degree or have completed your university studies within the past 24 months of applying.
- Experience or coursework in operating systems such as Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A