The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center for Countering Human Trafficking (CCHT) is offering this assignment for talented and motivated federal employees who want to support the Center’s mission to advance counter human trafficking law enforcement operations, protect victims, and enhance prevention efforts by aligning DHS’ capabilities and expertise. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new, first of its kind, cross-Department coordination center, working collaboratively throughout DHS to advance this critical mission set.
- Develop and maintain a dedicated CCHT SharePoint intranet for all collocated personnel, as well as CCHT’s public-facing presence on DHS.gov.
- Develop and implement comprehensive social media strategies to increase CCHT’s web traffic and brand awareness, both nationally and internationally.
- Under the direction of the CCHT’s Strategic Communications Advisor, deliver day-to-day web management support for CCHT’s intranet and DHS.gov presences.
- Liaison with CCHT writers and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Manage, create, and publish original, high-quality content, working in close coordination with DHS Office of Public Affairs for necessary approvals.
- Design CCHT’s web and social media presence and strategies to achieve engagement targets.
- Collaborate with CCHT component agency social media personnel on cross-platform techniques and joint social media campaigns promoting CCHT’s presence and successes.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, to include how content is delivered and displayed, and internet and intranet formatting and editing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Skilled in concepts, practices, standards, and technologies for the media used sufficient to interpret and explain a variety of subjects and to write or edit materials tailored to specific media and audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Expert knowledge of SharePoint or other DHS available technological platforms.
- Skilled in the use of a wide range of various systems applications, software programs, and technical programs, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, to produce finished products in various formats.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A