Website Xcel Energy
The IT Engineer is responsible to contribute to technical aspects of IT solution delivery, strategic planning, and operational excellence.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design.
- Coach and mentor less experience team members.
- Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions.
- Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
- Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems.
- Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks.
- Provide escalated support to incident and problem management.
- Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Experience and understanding of core IT Service Management functions, such as Change Management and Incident Management.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) and operational models (ITIL).
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or years of experience equivalent to the position.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience is also acceptable
- Associate’s Degree AND 10+ years of experience, or High School Diploma/GED AND 13+ years of experience.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A