Website Xcel Energy
The position is full-time in the summer (40 hours/week), with the potential for continuation during the academic year working part-time work (8-14 hours/week).
- Work with the Engineering staff to support plant projects, both capital and ops/maintenance.
- Work as an entry level engineering analyst doing tasks spanning all aspects of plant operations including performance/efficiency, emissions control, contract and project management, specifying new and replacement equipment, making process improvement recommendations, supporting requests from operations and maintenance.
- Through practical field experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Must be able to work in a year-round internship role (will work around your school hours)
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Course work in power generation or project management and an interest in the power industry desirable
- Must be enrolled in an Electrical Engineering ABET accredited engineering program
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
Qualification & Experience:
- Sophomore level or above. Open to graduate students
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A